Friday, August 6, 2010

Acts 7 - 16

In Acts 16 we read the account of Paul and Silas in prison. The text reads that they were "praying and singing hymns." Eventually there's a big earthquake, the guys are left unchained, but they don't go anywhere. As a result the jailer asks, "What must I do to be saved."

Talk about evangelism! So many times I look at my set list and wonder what a new person in our church would think. Too fast, too slow, too boring, too peppy. There's as many opinions as there are people. The funny thing is I doubt if Paul and Silas asked each other what their "set list" should be. It was their actions - their obedience - that ultimately led the jailer to want to give his life to Christ. I think sometimes there is too much emphasis placed on the mechanics of our services, and not the impact of our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment