Sunday, August 15, 2010

James 3:13 - 3 John

Wow - so close. Only two more posts remaining. Technically I should have posted this reading yesterday but I keep finding myself a day or so behind. Perhaps I'll catch up today...or I may take a nap.

Either way this morning's sermon by LCU president Keith Ray has fit in nicely with one of the predominant themes of 1 John. Obedience.

It's one of the most basic expressions of our faith and our worship to God. Often he has called us to live a certain way - a way of selflessness. Selfless in our time, love, money, talents - you name it. But then our pride, arrogance, and selfishness enters into the picture.

Through my entire reading I feel like I know more about the Bible and how it all fits together. I have gotten a good review on lots of things that I've already known and even read things for the first time. The real question is will I be obedient. Will I obey when I'm offered the opportunity to "take my cross." Will I treat my life like Christ treats his church? Will I sacrifice all things for the sake of the Kingdom.

Lord help me to be obedient. Help me to see how your Word needs to continue to manifest itself in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment