Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mark 9:14 - Luke 9

I just realized that I did not post yesterday. I did read, but I guess I forgot to post. Anyway, I'm going to break my own rule and post one thought for both day's reading.

Throughout the Gospels there seems to be this trend of Jesus going up on a mountainside and being alone. The Scriptures say he worshiped God alone. I think our culture has lost a lot of what it means to be alone.

Often we hear of people having "alone time" but many times it is to feed themselves...which isn't all bad. What I'm concerned about is my desire to have alone time with God...for him to feed me. After 70-some days of intense reading I realize that my desire is often to check this off my list...not to allow God's word to transform me. Perhaps we should evaluate our alone time and what's the real motivation for having it...especially compared to Jesus' example.

No comments:

Post a Comment