Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exodus 1-15:18

Today was the first day in Exodus. It really is amazing how fast it goes at this pace. Today's text was a lot of Moses whining, then Pharaoh and Moses going back and forth. Honestly it kind of felt like a ping-pong match.

Eventually I read about Passover. I really enjoy this text because its roots are still felt in corporate worship every Sunday. It's amazing to me that I can read the initiation of Passover in Exodus and 4,000+ years later we did something similar today. Obviously communion is still quite a bit different, but it goes all the way back to there.

I also love how the nation of Israel was intentional about their families worshiping together. They were taught to teach these things to the younger generations. Personally I think we may have made a mistake when we started farming everyone out to different areas of the church on Sunday. Children go here, teens go here, adults go here and we all meet up together for lunch afterward. I realize that it's hard to really lock into a service when you're trying to corral a 2 year old...trust me, I know. But sometimes I just wish we were a little less segregated. I think we could all learn from each other more if we were given the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment