Friday, May 28, 2010

Leviticus 26:27 - Numbers 8:14

I have to admit. Today's reading was a little bit of a chore. I'm currently at my in-laws house, and everyone is watching television in the family room while I'm reading the official counts of all the tribes. I press on...

Today's worship insight would have to be how God set apart the Levites to serve him in acts of worship. Even today people debate whether or not music ministers are really clergy.

In some faith traditions they are simply musicians who are employed by the church. They may or may not believe in what they're singing. Their role is to "perform" on Sunday morning, and no amount of pastoral care is expected from them. On the other end of the spectrum is those in worship ministry who are encouraged to shepherd their volunteers. They can marry/bury people, and they expected to live a life that models the content of their Sunday morning presentations.

Fortunately, in my opinion, my church is in the latter category. I enjoy being a pastor. Early on in my pursuit of ministry I decided to adopt a philosophy of ministering to people through the avenue of worship. I may or may not be doing music ministry my whole life, but I do think I will serve as a pastor in one form or another for at least the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment