Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Introduction

Call it fad, trend, bandwagon...yes it seems that people, lots of people, are reading the whole Bible in small chunks of time these days. Many of my friends have made the journey and I thought perhaps it was time for me to do it as well.

I have often picked up with Genesis on January 1 to make it somewhere in the major prophets as Sprint arrives.

This time I'm going to try to do it in 90 days. I have an easy way to access it (thank to my iPod touch and YouVersion). I have at least one friend that is proceeding with me, and I have you...whoever you are. On top of that it's summer and there's really nothing on television that's worth watching.

I decided to try and comment daily on some sort of worship insight that I may have gleamed from that day's reading. I realize that this may be much harder on certain days, so it may get a bit creative. Either way I am a worship minister and I am very familiar with some key worship texts (John 4, Romans 12, etc.), but how about some of those other books. What will they teach me? Only time will tell.

I'm not sure who will end up reading this (if anyone), but if you do I hope that you can find it useful as you pursue a life of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment