Friday, May 21, 2010

Genesis 28:20-40:11

I remember reading my friend Mike's blog when he got to this day. He commented polygamy and how it didn't really seem to work out well. I would have to agree. This reading seemed very sexual in general. Either way it was interesting to see how Abraham's family continued to grow.

In Genesis 31 there is quite the little hunt after an idol. In my mind I picture a small wooden thing similar to a statue. I'm not really sure what they would have been like, but it all seems silly in a way. Laban was very intentional in his desire to find these idols. It is easy for me to dismiss this foolishness, but then I'm reminded how eager I am to watch TV, catch up on social networking, or waste my time in so many other ways. At times it seems like these things have and even can become idols in my life ultimately stealing away my attention from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment