Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Genesis 1-16

The old familiar stories... It's nice to read about creation and Noah. Heck, I even got into Abraham's life today. Thank you for the break-neck speed of reading in 90 days. There was one mention of worship that surprised me a little.

At the end of Genesis 4 there's what seems like a random verse that says:

"At that time people first began to worship the Lord by name."

As I looked into it there's a good reason why I never had noticed this before. Every other translation has something like "called on" or "invoke", not "worship. Thank you NLT for trying to be easy to read. Too bad it may not really be a good translation. Either way I guess the point is that even in the midst of evil (i.e. Cain's descendants) people still did honor and revere God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment