Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Leviticus 1-14:32

Today begins my second week. So far this process has really been enjoyable. I do think it is helpful to blog because I daily feel the pressure to complete my reading.

This evening I ventured into the land of Leviticus. Oh it is so weird. Reading about boils, rashes, menstrual cycles, split hooves, and animals that scurry make this book live in a completely different world. As I was reading I was reminded about how my job as a "lead worshiper" would have looked much different in the Old Testament. I would trade in my Scriptures, songs, and instruments for tools to kill, smear, and sprinkle. It all seems so grotesque.

The verse that had the most impact was right at the beginning.

"Lay your hand on the animal's head, and the Lord will accept its death in your place to purify you, making you right with him."

The foreshadowing of how Christ would ultimately allow God to accept his death to "make things right" between God and man. Thank you God for the substitutionary atonement of your son Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely was the first day for me that I had to push myself to continue. I really loved the transition fro Exodus to Leviticus coming out of Mount Sinai. It really describes the price of God being, literally, with his people on their journey to the promised land.

    ReplyDelete